Google Ads is rolling out new generative AI capabilities for Performance Max campaigns. These features will allow advertisers to generate new text and image assets for their campaigns in just a few clicks. This can be a huge time-saver for advertisers, especially those who are running multiple campaigns or who have limited resources for creating creative assets.
The new AI-powered features will be available in two ways:
- When creating a new Performance Max campaign: After the “Bidding” and “Campaign setting” steps, you will notice an “Asset generation” step, with a panel for generating assets.
- When creating another asset group in an existing Performance Max campaign: Navigate to the “Asset groups” page within an existing Performance Max campaign and click the plus icon to create a new asset group. You will notice an “Asset generation” panel at the top of the screen.
To use the AI asset generation features, you will need to provide a few pieces of information, such as your website URL, your target audience, and your campaign goals. Google AI will then use this information to generate text and image assets that are tailored to your specific needs.
The new AI asset generation features are currently in beta and are rolling out gradually to advertisers in the United States. However, they are expected to be available to all eligible advertisers by the end of 2023.
Here are some of the benefits of using Google Ads AI asset generation for Performance Max campaigns:
- Save time: Generate new text and image assets in just a few clicks.
- Improve performance: Get access to high-quality, relevant assets that are tailored to your campaign goals.
- Reach a wider audience: Generate assets that are optimized for different channels and formats.
If you are an advertiser who is running Performance Max campaigns, I encourage you to try out the new AI asset generation features. They can be a valuable tool for saving time, improving performance, and reaching a wider audience.