Twitter has a variety of features that allow users to share and consume information, connect with others, and stay up-to-date on current events.
Some of the most popular Twitter features include:
- Tweets: Tweets are the basic unit of communication on Twitter. They are short messages of up to 280 characters that can include text, photos, videos, links, and emojis.
- Hashtags: Hashtags are a way to categorize tweets and make them searchable. When you use a hashtag in a tweet, your tweet will appear in the search results for that hashtag.
- Retweets: Retweets allow users to share other people’s tweets with their own followers. When you retweet a tweet, it will appear in your timeline and in the timelines of your followers.
- Replies: Replies allow users to respond to other people’s tweets. When you reply to a tweet, your reply will appear in the timeline of the person you are replying to, as well as in the timelines of your followers.
- Lists: Lists are a way to organize your Twitter followers and accounts you follow. You can create lists of your favorite celebrities, news sources, or friends.
- Direct Messages (DMs): DMs are a way to send private messages to other Twitter users. DMs are not visible to other users, unless the recipient chooses to share them.
- Moments: Moments are a way to curate a collection of tweets into a single post. Moments can be used to share news, events, or other topics.
- Twitter Blue: Twitter Blue is a subscription service that offers exclusive features, such as Undo Tweet, Reader Mode, and Color Themes.
In addition to these basic features, Twitter also offers a variety of other features, such as live streaming, polls, and embedded tweets. These features allow users to interact with Twitter in new and innovative ways.
Here are some of the new features that Twitter has added in recent years:
- Fleets: Fleets are a temporary way to share your thoughts and feelings with your followers. Fleets disappear after 24 hours, and they can’t be retweeted or liked.
- Notes: Notes are a new way to write longer, more in-depth posts on Twitter. Notes can be up to 2,500 words long, and they can include photos, videos, and GIFs.
- Topic Tag Bar: The Topic Tag Bar is a new way to discover and explore topics on Twitter. The Topic Tag Bar appears at the top of the Twitter app, and it allows you to see the latest tweets about the topics that you’re interested in.
- Downvotes: Downvotes are a new way to express disapproval of a tweet. When you downvote a tweet, it will appear lower in the search results.
- Unmentioning: Unmentioning is a new way to remove yourself from a conversation. When you unmention yourself from a tweet, your username will be removed from the tweet, and you won’t receive notifications about it.
Twitter is constantly adding new features, so it’s always worth checking back to see what’s new.